In other July happenings, we have had nothing but hot weather here in MN (as are many others I hear). Our average temperature for the summer to date is almost 8 degrees above average. While part of me is loving the heat, I know i wouldn't be enjoying it half as much without an air-conditioned home to cool off in. My garden is also feeling the heat. I've harvested the first of the zucchini, broccoli, and tomatoes, we've harvested and consumed all of the lettuce, radishes, and peas (not many of these), and the swiss chard and collards are well on their way to being large enough to eat as well. I will also have brussel sprouts and corn eventually - though I'm not sure we'll get to harvest any of these before we leave.
We've been enjoying some time outside in the heat as well. We often go to the parks in the morning, and even made it to a local beach a few days ago. Nana and Papa came down to Woodbury to go with us to Carver Lake, then stayed to grill for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Colin didn't mind the lake water at all, and had a good time picking rocks out of the course sand and throwing the rocks into the water.
| Rocks! |
| Are there more rocks over there? |
Colin has been very into peek-a-boo games and singing lately. His new favorite song is 'head, shoulders, knees and toes', even though he prefers to watch me do the motions, then usually only does his head and toes :) He is also communicating a little more, though still non-verbally. He now indicates when his diaper is wet and wants us to take it off. I'm hoping this can morph into the very beginnings of toilet training, which we may try after we move, at least trying to get us to tell him before he's wet. A girl can hope anyway.
I'll leave you with a few funny images from the past week. The other funny thing Colin has been doing this week is working on his fake laugh. He's experimenting with volume and types which is quite humorous, especially when he tries with random people in public places like the grocery store!
| "Walking" the waffle maker |
| Sitting with Jasper on his chair (Jasper is less than pleased) |
No comments:
Post a Comment