![]() |
| Trains, lights and a snack - It's a good life! |
Other transitions include transferring to a new medical insurance come Jan. 1. That means finding a new OB, finding Colin a pediatrician, and working out locations, etc of new clinics, hospitals, etc. While I'm not that sorry to be leaving my current OB care, it will be an adjustment. I will be excited to get a doctor for Colin - his 2 yr appointment is coming up! Can't believe he's almost 2 already.
In more current/holiday happenings, I'm so excited for one of my best friends April, who had her son yesterday! Welcome to the world little Owen! I'm also excited for my family christmas date this weekend. Bob and I are going to Handel's Messiah by the San Francisco Symphony. We booked a sitter and made dinner reservations - should be a good night out! I've also been prepping for our holiday visitors just after christmas. The house is decorated, linens are changed, and tickets are purchased. One of the events I'm most excited for will be a trip to the Monterrey Bay aquarium :)
Colin has also been helping us celebrate the season. He gets really excited by fire lately, whether he sees a fire in a book or sees our empty fireplace in our living room (he tells us it's hot!) - so we actually got some firewood and had a holiday fire the other night. Colin was pretty excited. We'll have to repeat this again soon :)
He's also been pretty enthralled by some bead garlands that I bought (based on his enjoyment of them last year at Nana's). He totes them around, and uses them in his many investigations. Below is a picture of him pairing them with his other favorite 'toy', the salad spinner.
Bob has also been working hard on an outside enclosure for our turtles. Colin and I have been 'helping' when able, which just means not destroying what he's trying to do while sharing the time outside. The enclosure is almost finished and it will sure be nice to have a permanent home outside for our turtles. It is quite strange to be in CA for the winter. Some of the trees are bare outside, but more still have leaves that are changing. It kind of looks like September outside (to me), but then you'll walk by a magnolia tree that is busy blooming, you realize that spring is practically here.... strange.
![]() |
| Colin is decorating his wagon (with chalk) |
![]() |
| A great activity to keep a toddler busy :) |
![]() |
| Bob's 'wagon' a.k.a. turtle enclosure partially built (he's trilled about his photo being taken) |







No comments:
Post a Comment