![]() |
| 30 weeks 4 days with Baby K2 |
![]() |
| 30 weeks pregnant with Colin |
This week I have noticed feeling quite tight, meaning that it feels like baby/uterus has grown, but that the outside skin hasn't quite caught up. I've also not been nearly as hungry this week. Considering that in the previous weeks I couldn't stop eating (eating a large breakfast, a snack before class, 'lunch' after class, a large supper and a snack before bed), this week I feel full. I've been eating a normal sized breakfast, often forget about the before class snack, eating a smaller lunch, just to be ready for supper, and then I feel full until the next morning. Of course, the full feeling doesn't usually mean I'll turn down dessert ;) The belly has definitely become a 'bump', not because of its shape, but because I've been bumping it into things all week. Luckily it hasn't become too destructive of a force, but I need to start remembering how far it is sticking out there!
Aches and pains haven't been too bad lately. I'm still fairly comfortable sleeping, besides the nightly trip(s) to the bathroom. Baby's feet (I think) are jabbing around my right ribcage, but overall, i think the baby shifted from having his/her head in my lower right hip area to more straight down, which is more comfortable! I'm feeling lots of movement; fewer 'kicks' and more all over belly roll movements. Not sure if s/he is stretching or what, but my belly is sure moving around. I'll occasionally feel a sharper movement, feels kind of like plucking a string/nerve, but for the most part, I just feel movements. I can discern hiccups if I'm sitting still and paying attention, but since that doesn't happen all the much these days, I don't catch them as often (or maybe they just aren't occurring as often) as I did when I was pregnant with Colin. So far I'm only really uncomfortable if I need to bend over to pick up something off the floor or tie my shoes, etc. when it feels like I could pop my poor belly if i took a breath. I'm managing to teach my 3 hour shifts at work T/Th on my feet without too much pain. I can tell when I need to get off my feet after busy/full days of running errands and chasing after Colin, but as long as I do sit and relax with some water, things have been pretty good. The bad news is that I caught a cold last weekend and haven't been feeling the best this week, but hot tea is my friend and so far besides a long lasting sore throat, I'm not too much worse for the wear.
I'm definitely aware that I've entered the third trimester. I'm starting to get a bit more anxious about some of the details of pregnancy and birth, ok mostly the labor part, but also choosing a name for the baby, thinking about a hospital bag, what we are going to do with Colin (and Jasper) while I'm in labor, etc. Good news is that we've scheduled a labor and delivery tour at the hospital where I'll be delivering for the beginning of March, so at least we'll know where to go :) I am getting ready to meet the baby, though I do have to remind myself how little they are and how different your life is when you are living feeding to feeding and add sleep deprivation to the mix. I already feel sorry for Colin, but hopefully he'll adapt!
That is all i have for now, I promise the next blog post will be more about how fun and exciting Colin is and what new places we've been :)


No comments:
Post a Comment