June sure flew by fast! Sorry it has been awhile since I've posted. At least we have some fun stories to share!
One of the fun things was a trip to the zoo with Colin's classroom (Seals). They planned a field trip to the SF zoo as part of their curricula where they had been learning about different animals for the past several weeks. Many of the children (and their families) were able to attend and it was fun for Colin to see his 'friends' outside school.
 |
| Tiger! |
 |
| He had a crocodile on his shirt and was enamored :) |
 |
| The bug house was one of his favorite stops (blech!) and afterwards he had to pretend to be a spider! |
Colin is also moving up classrooms! The zoo trip was one of the last activities that he took part in as a full-time Seal. He transitioned to the Marlins classroom beginning June 16, with his first full day in Marlins on June 23. So far he is really doing well - I think he has been ready for some new learning activities and he really took to the new activities well. His new teachers say that his fine motor skills are already improving with the new practice! He still talks about his Seal friends often (wishing for his best friend mostly) but also says that he likes his new friends. Luckily, one of his Seal teachers also got the new lead teacher job in the Marlins classroom, so she transitioned with him. I think that has made the change a bit more manageable. Personally, I really like to see that he now traces letters well and has a new affinity for letters :)
One other fun thing we did this June was take the kids camping! We went over to Anthony Chabot lake and spent a few nights at the family campground. We decided to take the bikes with us and we managed to fit all the camping gear and the bike seats into the car (Bob has some serious tetris skills!). Colin was beyond excited to spend the night in the tent and to have a campfire. It was a fun little car camping adventure with one of the largest challenges simply being the late sunset time. The kids got to bed pretty late the first night, but did manage to have a pretty good night sleep. Saturday was spent biking partially around the lake, hiking on the trails near the campsite and generally hanging out. Saturday night there was a nature presentation in the campground that we attended. Colin didn't really understand the show and asked about halfway through the show when it was going to start... but i think he was entertained anyway. He got to pet some animal pelts including a bobcat, coyote, squirrel, and others. The only one he wanted nothing to do with was the skunk pelt - I think he thought he was going to get stinky!
 |
| Car camping! |
 |
| Beautiful sunset around 10 pm |
 |
| Love these two! |
 |
| Always busy bodies |
As part of June, I also transitioned to my summer course. I'm teaching 4 days a week (M-Th) at the College of San Mateo, so Piper and I get to hang out on Fridays. She had a rough transition to the one additional day of daycare though. I think the change stressed her out a little (got some serious diaper rash) and in addition she caught a pretty good cold and is teething. It was a rough week and a half!! She seems to be on the mend though and has had a few better days at day care lately (probably helped she grew another tooth this weekend - she's up to 6!).
Of course, I'm missing some of my Colin time as he is now attending school 5 days a week. Piper also misses him I think. Here are a few pictures from some of our last weekdays at home before summer school started.
 |
| Backyard snack time |
 |
| Trying so hard to get that shoe on! |
 |
| Where is my little baby going? |
This post is getting a little long - so i'll continue with another post!
No comments:
Post a Comment