Saturday, October 11, 2014

August - cont.

After our Banff trip, and a rather uneventful trip home (yay!), I turned around and headed to Belize with my sisters.
Main mode of transportation on the Caye (Caye Ambergris - San Pedro)
Xunantunich
Belize
Bob stayed home with our kids and Piper started her new daycare! She moved from an in-home daycare with one other infant, to a infant/toddler room with at least 10 other babies and toddlers. She is in the same 'family house' as Colin (both Green house), so that has been nice only having one drop off and pick up for both kids. Piper made the transition fairly easily - she is pretty social and within the week was asking to be picked up and was hugging the teachers spontaneously. It has also been nice that Piper can visit Colin's classroom. There are quite a few kids in Piper's classroom that have older siblings in Colin's classroom; so they will often walk over and say hello to their siblings.

Overall, I think Bob enjoyed having the kids to himself all week. I did get to Google Hangout with them every evening to keep in touch, but they seemed to have a good week. I've attached several of the pictures that I was sent to catch up with their day while I was gone. You can see that they had backyard picnics for dinner with ice cream, bubble baths, fun activities, etc. They had a great time!
Piper's first day of 'school'
Backyard picnic
Waterpaints
Ice cream!
Bubble bath
Once my vacation was over, it was time to start my new job! I'm now working at Santa Clara University. I started work on Aug. 18 which is roughly 1 month prior to classes starting (Sept. 22). I spent the time familiarizing myself with my main job duty which is teaching Introduction to Engineering. Of course, I also had to take a sick day with Piper (one of the hazards of starting a new daycare), so we got to spend a little home time. She did have a fever, but when controlled with meds, she felt pretty well - so we even got out for a walk to the park!




Now with the kids both in daycare full time and both Bob and I working full weeks, we are trying to make the most of the weekends, especially since our 'summer weather' extends well into October around here! To end our August we took a trip to the beach! Our go-to beach is at Half Moon Bay, though we have been branching out to some of the beaches near Pacifica.





No comments:

Post a Comment