Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update

I think that I'm finally on the mend from my fall cold. I'm finally sleeping again, and that means an update for you! Here is the belly shot taken from earlier this week (23 weeks).

Yes, I'm wearing a stretchy shirt, and yes, my belly is getting far to large and in charge. Although the baby is trying, he still has yet to push my belly button to flat much less an outie, so I guess there is still some room in there. He is really starting to dance and jive in there though. I can see my whole belly move and shake with his movements now. Always a welcome feeling, though it does sometimes make my other organs feel a little over-loved.

From various babysites, the baby now has regular waking and sleeping cycles, is 11-12 inches long, and weighs just over a pound. Apparently the lungs are the big thing developing right now and if he was born now, he stands some small chance of survival. Of course, let's not hope for that! He can just stay in there warm and comfortable for many more months, getting to the sumo baby size we all know is coming.

In other news, we finished the headboard we've been working on! It turned out quite well and we are both happy with it. Here is a picture for you to admire - of course there is no professional lighting, so here is a without and with flash and the true color is somewhere in between.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment