Sunday, December 12, 2010

8 weeks left!

And the countdown begins. I can't believe that lately time is flying by so quickly! Hard to believe that there is only 2 weeks until Christmas and 8 weeks until this little guy is scheduled to make his appearance. I'm still hopeful that the weather will cooperate and let us travel for the holidays, but when we got ~17 inches of snow from Friday night until Saturday, with 50 mph gusts of wind blowing drifts around, and then the temperature decided to drop out (high of 8 degrees today and 3 degrees tomorrow), it is hard to believe that there may be a break from winter any time soon. Let's hope that it decides to give us a break in the next few weeks!

In pregnancy related news, I'm still trying hard not to worry about the 'small' measurements from a week ago. We will go in for our 2 week checkup this coming Friday and get another ultrasound to check for growth and really determine how our little one is doing. We're going to see a midwife this appointment, in case all goes as planned and we will not need any medical intervention, it would be nice to know a few of them!

I have been keeping my mind from measurements by making diaper wipes! I know, i know, many of you think i'm crazy, but we are already going to try cloth diapering, so it makes sense to just throw wipes in the laundry with the rest of the dirty diapers. Plus, after my sister-in-law gave us a pack of diaper wipes to start us off with, and realizing that the whole stack that she gave us will only last a week or two, it makes sense to save a little money by making the wipes reusable. So I bought around 6 yds of flannel this past week (3 different patterns - on sale for less than $2.50 per yd!) which I am going to cut into ~8" squares (double layer) and serge the sides using my mother-in-law's serger.

I started this weekend making the wipes, cutting down one of the 2 yd patterns into the squares, and started serging them together. Managed to get about 13 wipes made before the serger decided to hate me. I think i'll get about 20-24 wipes per 2 yd section of flannel which will be about perfect! Spending $15 will get us plenty of wipes :)

Alright, time to bake some more holiday treats! Hope everyone is keeping warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment