I promised I would update with some pictures of the playhouse that my mom sewed for Colin's birthday. So here are some of the photos we took during his first time playing in the house! It turned out really well. The little details are really great, e.g. the number above the door is our house number, and the mailbox really works! He had a really fun time checking it out. It should be fun for years to come :) Thanks again Grandma!
Also, because I didn't post a link, there are also more pictures from his birthday party
here if you are interested.
Colin is sure making new strides lately. He likes to 'run', a.k.a. move quickly, almost falling the entire way, but somehow managing to stay upright. He has also learned to step backwards, especially to regain his balance. He's also rediscovering his feet lately. He is stepping into and out of things (for examples, see the pics below), he is into taking off my slippers and trying to put them on his feet (which really just means lifting his foot into the air and holding the slipper near) and we've also been working on him to learn how to kick in the bathtub (because he doesn't kick in the pool).
 |
| Got both feet into the pot, then couldn't figure out how to get out - so he just sat down. |
 |
| Look! I can get into this pan too! |
Overall, he's learning quickly! I can't believe how many words he comprehends. The other day I asked him to clap, and he did! Big news since he just started clapping this week, and we don't often use the word clap. He knows if we tell him it's time to change his diaper, and he'll go stand by the diaper changer. If we tell him it is time to get the bath ready, he goes to the bathroom and bangs on the bathroom door until we open it to start the bath. Little things like these just amaze me. Of course, he isn't talking too much, doesn't really have any 'words' yet, but does like to babble. He mostly gets his point across with an emphatic 'ah' and hand gesture of some type. We'll be lucky if he's talking before his daddy did (or his cousin Lucas for that matter)!
He'll talk when he has something worth saying! I'm just happy he knew how to get out of the frying pan.
ReplyDelete