Congratulations to my sister on the birth of her new baby girl! Baby Sawyer was born on Sept. 10, 2010. Both baby and mother are doing well.
In baby k related happenings, we've reached 19 weeks! According to various sources, the baby can now hear things even outside the womb, is growing hair, and is working on associating all its nerves and senses. All I know is that the baby has started to move with a little more gusto. Especially the last few days, the kicks (or elbows, or whatever) have been a little harder and were even hard enough that Bob was able to feel a kick yesterday evening. Bob's face was pretty great :) I guess the baby kicks harder than he thought. I love every time I can feel the baby squirm, just because it puts my mind at ease for a little while.
Also, just to clarify - we do not know baby k's gender. We've taken to calling the baby a 'him', only because I don't want to call the baby an 'it', and because since i can't really think of any names for boys that I like, I'm pretty convinced the baby will be a boy just to spite me. We will see. About the burning question on whether or not we will find out the gender... we don't know yet. We have a doctor's appt in a little less than two weeks, and then we'll at least hope to schedule an ultrasound to check for any growth abnormalities and the like. So I guess that will be our deadline to decide if we'd like to find out. Right now we are leaning towards not finding out. We hope to have more than one child, so gender specific items are not important, and since we are renting and will not be decorating a nursery, we don't really have any 'need' to find out. At this point, the only reason we would probably find out is to limit our naming options, but that isn't likely to be a large enough reason for either of us.
Alright, well I don't want this post to be the novel the last one was. I'm off to grade papers!
No comments:
Post a Comment