Wow, 20 weeks sure went by fast. Time has definitely been accelerating especially lately - guess it is a combination of not having doctor's appts to dwell upon and starting a new job (one month in already). Somehow I feel that 20 weeks is a major milestone, even though not much has changed. Baby still would not be viable should it be born now, all of the major development activities are through (now just growth from what I understand), but still halfway! Here's to hoping time continues to go uneventfully.
We have a doctor's appt on Friday. First one with the new clinic and doctor. I hope that I like it there. We selected this clinic based on some recommendations from my mother-in-law, of course our choice of medical insurance, and due to the fact that there is a birth center attached to the hospital there. I am curious on what their views are on possible birth options for me, considering my mutation, and hoping that they will allow me to try natural birth. Of course now that I am getting larger (i'll try to remember a pic in the next week), it is starting to dawn on me just how large this baby might be when it wants to come out. Oh well, too late now ;)
In other happenings, hubby and I have been building a headboard for our bed. Those of you in the know, are aware that my dad built us a cedar chest for the end of our bed as a wedding present. We took inspiration from the chest and tried to mimic the design for our headboard. Thus the headboard is red oak, with soft maple panels inserted and will be stained to match the chest. We spent most of last weekend finishing up the cutting, routing, and major joining of the piece and really only have the finishing sanding to go before we can really start assembly. So exciting!
Well, that is the update for the moment. I'll try to post again in a few days with a new pic :)
No comments:
Post a Comment