Sunday, September 26, 2010

20ish weeks

Here is the belly pic from 20 weeks (taken early last week).

I think I look more chubby (gained 5 lbs at the doctor's!), but most people that know I'm expecting definitely see the baby bump now.

As of today I'm 21 weeks along. According to various pregnancy apps, the baby's skin is getting less transparent, it is growing eyelashes, eyebrows and nails, it's liver is beginning to function and the intestines have developed so that they can absorb some nutrition. Apparently the baby is almost half of its birth length, but only 10% of its expected weight at birth. Of course we will see soon at our ultrasound on Friday!

I'm also beginning to knit baby some items. I've knit one pair of booties (kinda flashy but who doesn't need some rainbow kicks) and i'm working on an alien mobile. Yes, I know that I'm scared of aliens, but these little guys were pretty cute, and we don't want the baby growing up with my same fears do we :) Here is a few pics of the projects so far.


Couple more aliens to go and maybe a planet for them to zoom around, then what to knit next? hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment