Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Feeling good

I had a pretty rough weekend last weekend. My body was in quite a bit of pain, I was bleeding, and I was quite irritable (just ask Bob). I am however on the mend. Swelling is down, bleeding has lessened, and I'm hoping that at my Friday appt. they will be able to remove the catheter. Thanks to my wonderful husband who hasn't complained once, and who has gone out of his way to make me feel better!

Two weeks ago I was also just very uncomfortable in general. I was eating only small meals, feeling that even small amounts were all that would fit in my stomach. I just felt uncomfortably full all the time. I also had constant reflux whether my stomach was full or not, often waking up to eat tums in the middle of the night, even several times a night. Also, my stomach was feeling like a tarp that was stretched entirely too far.

However, lately (since about a week ago), I've started to get hungry again. More importantly than that, I can even eat normal sized portions again! I think I've only had to chew tums a couple of times, and that was right at bed time, not in the middle of the night - and often I haven't even needed those. I think my stomach skin also stretched out, and I don't have that uncomfortably tight feeling anymore. Yes, I've grown considerably, and my I keep bumping into things I think i should be able to fit around, but at least my body seems to have compensated. Also, my belly button is still threatening to pop out, gaining some girth at least. Perhaps the baby dropped a little, leaving my stomach some room, but I'm definitely no judge of that!

So yes, overall, I'm feeling much better. My newest symptoms are just sore ligaments as my hips/pelvis are stretching. Makes my legs feel all wobbly and unstable when i walk, but once i'm out of a chair (yes that is the hard part), then I'm doing alright. Since school also started this week, I've been on my feet a little more. Once I figured out that I really should only be wearing tennis shoes or my beloved crocs, I've been feeling pretty good for standing these longer periods as well. Still feeling tired, I need to get to sleep a little earlier probably, but at least I've had a reprieve from some of the more uncomfortable feelings.

Baby k has now made it 36+ weeks and is just shy of full term (37 weeks)! He has been pretty active, less jabby and more shifty. I think it is strange how used to the movements I've become. I used to be hyper aware of his movements - now since he moves so constantly, i have to remind myself to consciously check on his movements periodically. He does feel much larger in my belly, and I feel much heavier, so I hope that he is gaining weight as he should be - which they say is about an ounce a day.

I'm also very excited for this weekend! My mother- and sister-in-law are throwing me a baby shower, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who is coming :) My parents are even driving in for the weekend, braving the midwest winter. We'll try to take some pics to post :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. I forgot to ask, but I hope you got my baby shower gift in the mail. It should be on its way if you haven't received it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! I can't believe you only have one month to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things are going a bit more smoothly for you, and glad to hear Bob is being a trooper. :) Wish I could come to the shower, but I'll be thinkin' about you. Have a wonderful time, and we'll talk soon!

    ReplyDelete