Saturday, August 25, 2012

Visitors!

We have made it over one week in CA and things are still going well. We got our car back yesterday and I feel much safer driving around in a car I know and one without huge blind spots :) Our 'stuff' still hasn't been delivered despite assurances otherwise, but so far they are only 4 days late :P

Colin and I have been walking everywhere around town. We live close to downtown San Mateo, so exploring has been fun. Still have yet to visit the library, but that is next on my list.

Putting leaves and small stones down grates is great fun!
I think Jasper should be scared for his status as family dog
Giving the dog a kiss
I did win mother-of-the-year with the dog statue above. He loved playing on it and petting it, but of course I asked him to give the dog a kiss, forgetting that his 'kisses' are really kinda head-butts and of course head-butting a bronze dog isn't the most pleasant of things. :( We also went to the Japanese garden inside of Central Park for the public Koi feeding, and he really enjoyed that. They come out with a bowl of fish pellets and let the kids help throw the food into the pond. Afterwards Colin was saying 'nom nom' for about a half hour when the fish were done eating. :)

This weekend my sister is in town (piggy-backing on some work meetings in the area), so we picked her up yesterday afternoon. Her and Colin are already getting along well :) We also get to see aunt Jenni and uncle Bill today. Not quite sure what we are going to do yet, maybe visit CuriOdyssey or another museum or kid friendly venue. Stay tuned!

Colin loves his Aunt Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment